Tuesday, February 20, 2007

MIX - Juice For Life

I have decided to expand my blogging to include food reviews as well. I have noticed that I have a lot of trouble finding reviews of restaurants or other food-related things when I'm trying to find it. Thus, I decided I shall post my little reviews on what I've come across, hoping that it would be helpful to a someone out there looking for a food review.




Went to MIX at Raffles City today and had a Veggie Wedge ($7.30) for dinner. I always like going to MIX because of the calm and relatively spacious environment. There are sofa seats to collapse into or, if you wish, there are also sets of table and chairs available too. Its not the first time I've been to MIX - this is probably my 4th or 5th time. I must say, the array of wraps and sandwiches they offer is huge! I've set myself the goal of tasting all the wraps they have, as long as it doesn't have bacon or mayonnaise (I'm picky for a food escapader). My Veggie Wedge had tofu, kidney beans, tempeh, mushrooms and bean sprouts, all wrapped together in a wholewheat tortilla paired with a light teriyaki sauce. While this may not appeal to many without the acquired Asian taste for fermented beans, it was quite a treat for me. Tastier, to me at least, than the other vegetaran option on offer: The Fez. I had The Fez quite a while ago, but all I remember is it was a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern concoction of hommus, baba ganoush, tabbouleh, carrots and green leaves, all encased in a bright green tortilla. Another wrap I've had recently is the Rock The Kasbah - a Lebanese wrap with lamb meat balls (I'm sure there is a far more appealing and intriguing name for this) and peppers, tied nicely together with a mint yoghurt in, once again, the shockingly green tortilla. I've also tried their 'Flapps', which are a smaller breakfast-type wrap. They are really great for a light lunch. Out of the two Flapps I've tried, I like the No Meat To Eat Flapp which contains egg white omlette, tomato and mushroom. The other Flapp I've had was the English Sausage Flapp which is the same as the No Meat To Eat Flapp but just with a sliced pork sausage.

MIX is great for lunch or dinner. Grab your favourite read or choose pick a magazine from their magazine rack, and enjoy a wrap over an hour. The kind folks at MIX toast your wrap (or Flapp) up nice and hot for you, making it all the more enjoyable. I have yet to try their smooties, sandwiches, salads, muffins, pies... (gosh, the list is endless) but there is no reason why I would not go back again!

No comments: